u

widg‧et /ˈwɪdʒɪt/ [wij-it] -noun: Pointless ramblings from the New Forest. Obviously complete & utter Rubbish. Why must I contibute to all this endless talk about me? My self-indulgent knees, spilling themselves all over the internet. Obviously i am Jon and his hair, I AM HIM!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ten Years Older (No Surgery)

That's it, there is no point in tuning in to the goggly box for the rest of the year. The televisual event of 2007 has already taken place. Yes, it was the return of Anna, Miles, Warren, Milly & Egg (I said Egg!) to our heavily panting screens.

As I sat, quivering with anticipation, stuffing my face with an assortment of cheeses & chocolate shortbreads, itching the strange bald patch on my ankle, memories of the past decade filled the space between my eyes for a couple of seconds, until I dismissed them and tried to work out what the arse was going on in front of me.

I remember catching This Life's second ever episode over ten years ago, just as I was moving out of a shared house and back in with my parents, so I had to live vicariously through these imaginary character's stupid, funny, desperate and fulfilling lives. The recent repeats just before Christmas came at an uncomfortably familiar time, as a flatmate was moving out of our shared house after an uncanny, Delilah shaped situation.

Last night was just like the old times, everybody getting on each other's snappy nerves, shouting, bitching, a sense of complete incomprehension for the first five minutes, and then settling down into more bitching and fighting. Genius, but the main thing I got out of this most excellent programme was a sense of the fast marching sprint of time, and the creek of my knees telling me that I am ten long years older.


Currently Listening to this nostalgic 90s album: Dummy by Portishead

2 Comments:

Blogger AlphIANo said...

So it was exactly the same then? Therefore dull, pretentious and rubbish.

At the time of broadcast I believe I was watching Die Another Day, easily the worst Bond film ever made (bar, perhaps, Moonraker). Goddam awful it was, and yet still better than This Life.

Happy Miche!

3:46 pm

 
Blogger AlphIANo said...

By the way, click on Timothy Dalton's name on my last blog and you'll get a treat!

3:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home