u

widg‧et /ˈwɪdʒɪt/ [wij-it] -noun: Pointless ramblings from the New Forest. Obviously complete & utter Rubbish. Why must I contibute to all this endless talk about me? My self-indulgent knees, spilling themselves all over the internet. Obviously i am Jon and his hair, I AM HIM!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Tummy Touched

So I said goodbye to a much maligned, long serving friend recently. Well, I say friend, but she was more like an annoying, yappy dog-like lesion. I am, of course, talking about my pet verruca, Satan. It has finally gone, she first popped up during my easy teenage years, and despite attempts to destroy it throughout my fragrant twenties, it continued to flourish, bringing joy and beauty to all it touched. But all of a sudden, without my even noticing, she had left, like a mystery custard stain in the night, with only the aroma of billowing sock curtains to suggest that she'd ever even existed.

Of all my non life threatening diseases cum afflictions (cum-affliction being one of them) the verruca was my favourite. But all is not lost, for the moment that Satan sailed away on the wind my new best friend jumped from Marry Poppins's metaphorical, voluminous sack onto my person. Say hello to my new neck goitre, Gary. Pulsating, shape shifting, squidgy in all the wrong places, he is here to nurse me through my old age, and will, no doubt, be there to throw himself on my funeral pyre at the appropriate time.


Currently listening: Under the Blacklight by Rilo Kiley

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennie-Dee said...

What a beautiful story!
Such hope and optimism... Satan's death makes way for the birth of Gary, and so the cycle of life continues.

1:40 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

4:38 pm

 
Blogger AlphIANo said...

what the hell is that comment all about???

2:21 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home